House for Sale
Traditional Big Family Queenslander in Yeerongpilly
Property ID 1960515Offered for the first time in 26 years, expect to be charmed by the character and tradition of this magnificent Queenslander, `Burlington'. Located on one of Yeerongpilly's best streets and neighbouring large blocks of Queenslander homes, this property sits on an expansive 750 sqm block that backs onto 3 Hectares of protected natural bush and parkland reserve.
Burlington' is ready for a new chapter, either for a family to enjoy as is, or a wonderful renovation potential to give this grand beauty a modern makeover. Immediately on entrance the vast 12 foot ceiling height is impressionable. Walk down the traditional style hall which accesses each of the 3 over-sized bedrooms either side with build in wardrobes as well as an elegant library or another bedroom. The main bathroom and ensuite to the master have been fully renovated to a timeless elegance with quality fixtures and fittings throughout.
As you journey to the rear of the home, a warm and inviting living area and original fireplace awaits. With a rare outlook onto natural private bushland, this home has a relaxed lifestyle appeal. Ideally positioned at the heart of the home and overseeing the family, living & dining areas is a graceful and commanding timber kitchen with a unique character. Traditional, practical and warm, this solid timber kitchen is equipped with Delonghi gas cook-top and dishwasher, ample storage and bench space as well as the highlight piece, an original fully functioning Rex kitchen stove.
Light breezes flow through the kitchen and living area to an ambient and tranquil timber deck with a sweeping tree-lined outlook. Spend countless hours relaxing with family and friends on the deck and around the entertaining area and in-ground pool.
Downstairs is an entirely separate expansive living zone ideal for extended family or teenager's retreat. Equipped with a fully self-contained kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and masses of storage, this area allows for flexibility or potential for renovation.
• Located only 6kms to the Brisbane CBD with great transport options for rail, bus and freeway.
• Close proximity to schools and within catchment of Yeronga State School, daycare, shopping, parks, restaurants, local pool as well as access to University of Queensland, Brisbane Golf Club and Tennyson Tennis Centre.
• New Yeerongpilly Green shopping and cafe development is close to completion.
Other Compelling Features:
• Stunning original features include fully functioning Rex kitchen stove, French style windows, original timber doors, polished floorboards, stain glass windows and VJs
• The parkland serves as an extended back yard to this perfect family home and a value add.
• Huge 4 garage for a motor enthusiast or any mature family with multiple cars.
• A 10,000L water tank assists with maintaining pool. New pool pump.
Inspect this rare character beauty of a by-gone era this week. Motivated sellers are moving on and will look at all reasonable offers.
Please contact Hamish Bowman on 0410 044 463 or Alex Bowman on 0414 168 197 for further information or to book a private inspection.
This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide can not be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.